Friday, December 23, 2011

Workout......so you can get more girls

"Why do you workout?"  And some of the answers people usually can think of are, "So I can get more girls (like Kim? lol)", "I appeal to be more attractive", "I get more attention when I go clubbing".  Because of this, people commonly have this stereotype toward those ones who workout.  They think those guys (or girls) in the gym are just working out so they appeal to be more attractive to the opposite gender, and working out for healthy is just a lame excuse.  Some of the brothers in my church even stopped working out due to these stereotypes, and also the fact that they are too busy.  So are there any reasons for people to workout other than the ones previously mentioned?  Well, I think there are plenty, personally, here's my major source of motivations: 
1. healthy and fit lifestyle I commented to 
2. disciplined practice 
3. habit 
4. stress relief 
5. help others (38% of Americans are obese, NOT just overweight, obese) 
......
The list goes on, for more details, refer to my blog post "The Reason Why I Workout

However, it really comes down to you to figure it out why you should be going to the gym.  Everyone is different, and their motivations are different as well.  Whatever you do it for, as long as you are committed, you will achieve your goal, be respected by others, and hopefully inspire others.  Do not just give up fitness because other people have the wrong idea about it.  And you could be the one who proves them wrong.  

1 comment: